Penne Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze Option: Before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 535 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1566mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
May 21, 2016
This was just okay to me; somewhat of an off-taste. It was edible but I won't be making again.
Nov 2, 2010
Ours seemed to have a bitter taste that made it not taste very good, i am not sure why or what it was. :( Neither my husband or i could eat very much.
Sep 30, 2010
Dec 29, 2009
This is extremely tasty and great on a chilly day. Try it you will love it!
Oct 21, 2008
Loved it! It has quickly become a go-to recipe for me. I've served it to guests & taken it to friends - both asked for the recipe. Enjoy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.