Penne Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze Option: Before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 535 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1566mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2016
This was just okay to me; somewhat of an off-taste. It was edible but I won't be making again.
Nov 2, 2010
Ours seemed to have a bitter taste that made it not taste very good, i am not sure why or what it was. :( Neither my husband or i could eat very much.
Sep 30, 2010
Dec 29, 2009
This is extremely tasty and great on a chilly day. Try it you will love it!
Oct 21, 2008
Loved it! It has quickly become a go-to recipe for me. I've served it to guests & taken it to friends - both asked for the recipe. Enjoy!