- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPenne alla Vodka
"This recipe is rich, flavorful, and delicious! I'll be making this often! It was a hit with the whole family."
"Terrific dish! So easy as well."
"This recipe is pretty darn good as written, but even better if you substitute Asiago for the Parmesan and add some dried sweet basil---magnificent!"
"Prepared as written. Great, easy, 2 pan dish that is ready to eat in 30 minutes. Works for me!!!Thank you for sharing!"
"This sounds good! My dad is t2d so I need to reduce the sodium, sugar and carbs content. How would this be using half and half and whole grain pasta?"
"This was fantastic - my husband wants to have it every week!"