Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 to 20 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (assorted sizes)
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two parchment paper-lined and greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 2. If cake layers have rounded tops, trim with a long serrated knife to make level. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- 3. For petals, arrange Peeps around edge of cake, curving slightly and being careful not to separate chicks. For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 slice: 679 calories, 30g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 105g carbohydrate (83g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peeps Sunflower Cake
"Went over GREAT at Easter!! Had fun making it, too!"
"Oh so fun & fabulous for Easter!- Theresa"
"I have made this cake several times. It is so simple, but so darn cute!"
"I used my own cake recipe but this was a cute presentation."
"I made this for my Granddaughters Easter dinner...it was a huge success. However I bought the yellow bunny peeps by mistake. Since they had petal like ears they worked really well. Thank you for a great recipe that can be changed for different occasions."
"Made this for Easter and it turned out so cute! The store was all out of the yellow Easter chick peeps so I bought orange ones and it looks just as nice. :)"
"Yes. One box of cake mix equals 2 pans"