Pecan Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
Sep 29, 2017
So many other, better salad recipes with pecans. The person who submitted the recipe didn't even bother to give the quick directions for toasting the pecans (I guess she buys her pecans already toasted). Also, it seems to be lacking a major, flavor element, perhaps fruit. I think you will find pecans taste better with a sweet or spicy dressing, rather than Italian.
Oct 28, 2009
Great taste and love the Pecans