Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies
This recipe dresses up refrigerated cookie dough with cream cheese and coconut. Folks love the almond flavor.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat almond paste and cream cheese. Add coconut; mix well. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices; divide each slice into four portions.
- Roll into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of almond mixture into balls; place one on each ball of dough. Lightly press pecans into tops.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 211 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.