Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies
This recipe dresses up refrigerated cookie dough with cream cheese and coconut. Folks love the almond flavor.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, beat almond paste and cream cheese. Add coconut; mix well. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices; divide each slice into four portions.
- Roll into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of almond mixture into balls; place one on each ball of dough. Lightly press pecans into tops.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 211 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pecan-Topped Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2000