- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherry halves, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter; blend in flour and salt. Chill for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; press into the bottom and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, beat the egg in a small mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Decorate with maraschino cherries if desired. Yield: about 20.
Reviews forPecan Tarts
"I made these for my son-in-law for his birthday and they got a rave review. The dough was a bit tricky to work with as it crumbled, but the end result was fantastic"
"This is a classic! These tarts are just like having mini-pecan pies but without a fork and plate! easy to assemble after the dough has chilled. Remember not to overfill the tarts or the filling will stick to the pan. Trust this time-tested recipe for impressive tarts."
"the crust was good but the filling separated and had hard chunks on bottom and liquid in the middle and all the nuts at the top. Although they tasted okay, we needed to eat them with a spoon and they were a real pain to get out of the pan, so they leaked all over. Should have lined the tin with parchment paper it would have saved a lot of clean up."
"Everyone always wants these..."
"These are the best finger deserts you can make. The only difficulty is getting the dough and mixture even everytime. But they still taste great. I make them for parties and care packages, they are a huge family favorite!"
"Have made these many times. They are easy to make, and the best ever."
"I give this 5 stars it very very good and easy to make. The pecan tarts just melted in your mouth."