Pecan Sweet Roll Rings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon over each rectangle; gently press into dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long side. Pinch seams to seal. Twist two or three times.
- Cut six shallow diagonal slits in each roll. Shape each into a ring; pinch ends together. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining butter.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and syrup until smooth; drizzle over the warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 2, 2015
My whole family loves these. I have been making them every Easter for years. No substitutions needed. I use kitchen scissors to cut the slits in the rolls after I've already formed the rings and put them onto the cookie sheet. That way I don't lose any sugar/pecan filling.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.