Pecan Sweet Potato Salad
A new twist on an old favorite, this tasty, easy-to-make sweet potato salad is sure to be the talk of your gathering. —Patricia Swart, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 6 to 7 large sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Stir in celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Gently stir into potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 184 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cold Sweet Potato Pecan Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010
Sep 4, 2013
My friend brought this to a get-together and I really loved it. She added Granny Smith apples to it for extra cruchiness - delicious.
Aug 6, 2010
I took this to a covered dish and received rave reviews.