- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Cool slightly; peel and cube.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Stir in the sugar, milk, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, flour, salt and vanilla. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPecan Sweet Potato Bake with Cinnamon
"I have been making this dish for years and every year someone new asks me for the recipe. It has now become my go-to sweet potato dish!"