- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecan or walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place unpeeled sweet potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil; cook for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a sharp knife. Drain and cool slightly; peel and cube.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Add sugar, milk, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, flour, salt and vanilla. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPecan Sweet Potato Bake with Cinnamon
"I have been making this dish for years and every year someone new asks me for the recipe. It has now become my go-to sweet potato dish!"