After I bought too many nuts for a different recipe, I decided to put the leftovers to use in a batch of cookies. Coconut and apricots add a little "surprise" to every bite. —Jean Ohnigian, Havertown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pecan Surprises in Best of Country Cookies