This is a great recipe for entertaining because it's easy yet extremely impressive. No one will guess it only takes minutes to prepare. The creamy brown sugar and pecan filling between the waffles is delectable! —Jenny Flake, Newport Beach, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 frozen waffles
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Confectioners' sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries, cut in half
- Toast waffles according to package directions. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Spread over four waffles; top with remaining waffles. Drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with a strawberry.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 670 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 111g carbohydrate (80g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Stuffed Pecan Brown Sugar Waffles in Quick Cooking May/June 2005