this is a great recipe for entertaining because it's easy yet extremely impressive. No one will guess it only takes minutes to prepare. The creamy brown sugar and pecan filling between the waffles is delectable!
Recommended: 70 Sweet & Savory Pecan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 frozen waffles
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Confectioners' sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries, cut in half
- Toast waffles according to package directions. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over four waffles; top with remaining waffles. Drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with a strawberry. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Stuffed Waffles in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p35
Reviews forPecan-Stuffed Waffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"This was really good and super easy. I wish I had a waffle iron and could make this with homemade waffles."