Pecan Sticky Muffins
"These are so much quicker and easier to make than traditional raised sticky buns," assures Dorthy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts. "Everyone just loves them! They are great company muffins for a Sunday Brunch."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Into each greased muffin cup, spoon 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 heaping tablespoon of pecans. Top each with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Invert pan onto a piece of foil. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Sticky Muffins in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.