Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups ground pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. stars. Combine filling ingredients; place 1/2 teaspoonful in center of each star. Bring the five points upright; starting at base, pinch sides together so points of star stand up, allowing filling to show. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2013
Time consuming! Also it only makes 24 tulip looking cookies not 3 1/2 dozen. Must roll out less than 1/8 thick in order to get even 24 count. It also would have been nice to have a picture of what they are to look like once pinched and baked.Taste is good however but will not make often.