- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups ground pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. stars. Combine filling ingredients; place 1/2 teaspoonful in center of each star. Bring the five points upright; starting at base, pinch sides together so points of star stand up, allowing filling to show. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Stars
"Time consuming! Also it only makes 24 tulip looking cookies not 3 1/2 dozen. Must roll out less than 1/8 thick in order to get even 24 count. It also would have been nice to have a picture of what they are to look like once pinched and baked.Taste is good however but will not make often."