- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; stir in vanilla. Add flour; mix on low until well blended. Stir in pecans; mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Sandies
"Thank you! I've been making this recipe for years, but lost my recipe box in a motor home crash. So happy to find it again! My sons eat these faster than I can make them!"
"Have made these for yrs. sometimes add finely crushed pecans to powdered sugar and roll in this instead of just powered sugar, adds a little more crunch."
"Batter very sticky, cookies flattened out! Waste of a lot of money!"
"I have always loved these cookies! I sometimes add a little bit of grated orange rind to the dough for a different flavor. I usually roll them in sifted powdered sugar once the cookies have cooled. I don't always have cake flour and have substituted all-purpose flour with ok results."
"Over all I'd say this is a good recipe. It's moderately quick and the cookies came out nice. After I left it in the fridge for 30 minutes the dough was really sticky. I ended up making them drop cookies instead of rolling them."
"Very easy to double ( would recommend it).. roll them in confectioners sugar when they are out of the oven"
"I have Made this recipe for 30 years!!! My kids and grandkids LOVE them (and they actually are my favorite!) I have made them for family,church,work and 4-H and FFA events! they are always a hit!"
"i made these and they are SO good. they are my stepdads favorite and one of my top favorites. also i roll them in powdered sugar and they are so much better everyone shoud try them"
"These are great, I've made them over and over again. My dad loves these pecan sandies!"
"I roll mine in Powdered Sugar. Yummy"