I developed this recipe when a friend shared her pecan crop with me. These cookies are always on my family's "must make" list.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 96 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.