I developed this recipe when a friend shared her pecan crop with me. These cookies are always on my family's "must make" list.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 96 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pecan Rounds in Best of Country Cookies