Pecan Pumpkin Torte Recipe
Times were lean when I was younger, so we would tend a big vegetable garden packed with tomatoes, beans, zucchini and pumpkin. I've been relying on the recipe for this pretty pumpkin cake for years.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; spread with a third of the frosting. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 528 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Torte
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC