Pecan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin, syrup, sugar, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth; pour into pastry.
- 2. For the topping, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, sugar and syrup; spoon over top.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 481 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Pie
"My favorite pie! Made my first the year I got my first deep dish 10" pie plates. They needed two recipes to fill pumpkin and pecan but a lot was left over from each doubled recipe. Not having time or pans to fit all of what was left except another 10" deep dish, I poured the pumpkin in, but not near enough to fill so my brain said...humm...pumpkin and pecan, and poured pecan in too. Fantastic! Family loves it to this day...about forty or fifty years now."
"This was pretty easy to make and everyone enjoyed it. I will make it again next year."
"After reading the comments about the strong taste of the maple syrup, I halfed it in both the filling and the topping. I also did half the sugar in the topping and it was still plenty sweet. It was a huge hit!"
"we thought it was great. someone mentioned that it overflowed and yes, it did a little so I wouldn't pour quite all of it in the pan. I just made it yesterday and have already given it to 2 friends. I like the combo of both pumpkin and pecan pies. Very tasty!"
"My sister-in-law wants me to make this every Thanksgiving and she doesn't even like pumpkin."
"in your face good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving for my family. It is definitely a keeper...I did cut back about 1/2 on the sugar and it was perfect. A little less sweet. Thanks for sharing this one!"
"Delicioso pay, 100% recomendable"
"I would use Stevia and reduce calories"
"This is a fantastic pie!! Very rich but very delicious."
"So easy, yet very delicious. I would suggest coarsely chopping the pecans."
"easy to assemble and pretty to look at."