Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits
Our two daughters love munching on these rich pecan-studded biscuits for breakfast. I make dozens and serve them piping-hot with butter and honey.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Combine pumpkin and cream; stir into dry ingredients. Turn onto a floured surface; knead four to six times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.