Pecan Praline Sauce
As a working mother, I need fast recipes that are guaranteed to satisfy my family. This nutty ice cream topping is a hit. —Evelyn Logan, Fresno, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars, flour, salt, water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the marshmallows and butter; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 125 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pecan Praline Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.