- 1-1/2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; beat in vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Add the coconut and pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPecan Pound Cake
"This cake turned out great!! Thisvis one our favorite pound cakes!!"
"Very good. Nice crust, good flavor. Will make this again"
"This was a very good pound cake."
"Are there any substutions that would make this suitable for Disbetics"