Pecan Pork Chops Recipe
- 8 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. Broil pork chops 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and mustard. Stir in the butter and vinegar until blended. Turn chops over and broil for 4 minutes. Spoon about 2 teaspoons sugar mixture over top of each chop. Broil 2 minutes longer. Top each chop with 1 teaspoon pecans. Broil 1 minute more or until pecans are toasted and meat juices run clear. Let stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 97 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pork Chops
"Delicious! Very easy to prepare. I heard the comment, "Let's have these again.""
"I made them in the skillet vs broiling them. I browned both sides then added the mixture and let them simmer in it for a bit. I used thick cut pork chops. My husband loved it!! It's a keeper for sure!"
"All the glaze seemed to slide off and the pork chops didn't have much flavor. My husband liked them, though."