- 8 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and mustard. Stir in the butter and vinegar until smooth.
- Turn chops over and broil for 2 minutes longer. Spoon about 2 teaspoons sugar mixture over top of each chop. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top each chop with 1 teaspoon pecans. Broil until pecans are toasted, about 1 minute longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 pork chop: 229 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.