Pecan Plum Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped canned plums, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, oil, sugars and orange zest. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in plums.
- Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 345 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 31, 2017
This was a hit at a potluck a few years ago. It seemed a bit heavier than some cakes due to the fruit, but it was moist and sweet with nice crunch from the nuts - perfect for summer.
Sep 17, 2009
how many cans of plums do you need for 1 1/2 cups?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.