Try this sweet-and-salty dessert for something different to serve for your next get-together.—Margie Rumminger, Gillette, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Beat in flour until blended.
- Press dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange pecan halves around outside edge of dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla. Immediately spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of pecan halves. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 320 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Pizza in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.