- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) toffee-flavored chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in toffee chips and pecans; spread evenly over baked crust. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool, then refrigerate. When thoroughly chilled, cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Pie Bars
"These are delicious! So easy, yet so good!"
"QUESTION: Are the chips supposed to be soft like chocolate chips? The only kind of toffee flavored bits at Krogers where I shop are made by Heath, are crunchy and come in an 8 ounce bag. I know I will love these, which is why I gave them 5 stars....if I ever find out what product I am supposed to use."
"I love pecan pie, but I love these even more because they are so amazingly simple to make! I made them for a party and they were a big hit. Unfortunately, I didn't have any to bring home to the family afterwards. I will definitely make them again!"
"These bars were amazing! I made them for a family reunion and everyone raved about them! We especially liked the addition of the English toffee bits."
"I made these this weekend for a cookout and everybody loved them! I added chocolate in the middle to make them "Derby Bars," like you suggested on Facebook Live - great, great tip!"
"Really good and easy!"