- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs just until blended but not frothy. Add sugar, salt and corn syrup. Add butter and vanilla, mixing just enough to blend. Spread pecans in the bottom of pie shell. Pour in filling. Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPecan Pie
"My husband loves this pie. I only wish I could eat it. I am diabetic."
"I get asked to bring this pie for every holiday. Delicious!!!!!"
"would using light corn syrup in this recipe make a big difference in the outcome/flavor of the pie?"