Pecan-Pear Tossed Salad
To save time, I prepare the ingredients and dressing the day before, then combine them just before serving. This salad has become a star at family gatherings. Once, when I forgot to bring it, dinner was postponed so I could go home and get it! -Marjean Claassen, Sedgwick, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice. Discard seeds. In a bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and reserved raspberry juice. Toss pear slices with lemon juice; drain.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, pecans and raspberries. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 337 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pecan-Pear Tossed Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000