This lovely salad adds a special touch to any meal. The juicy pear slices, toasted pecans and mixed greens are coated in tangy vinaigrette dressing that's a pleasant complement to a sweet and crunchy combination. -Katie Nicklas Ridgway, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large ripe red pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute pear in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. In a small skillet, saute pecans in remaining butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Divide salad greens between two salad plates; arrange pears over greens. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Pear Green Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p27