- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pecans, oregano, salt, basil and pepper. In another bowl, beat the cornstarch and egg whites. Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPecan Parmesan Chicken
"Very good. easy to make and think that you could just make it on the stove top in warmer months if you don't want to heat up the oven to finish it off. Will be making again for sure."
"This was really good. I prepared it as described and wouldn't change a thing. Children and adults enjoyed. It's a keeper!"