- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pecans, oregano, salt, basil and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch until smooth. Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPecan Parmesan Chicken
"Very good. easy to make and think that you could just make it on the stove top in warmer months if you don't want to heat up the oven to finish it off. Will be making again for sure."
"This was really good. I prepared it as described and wouldn't change a thing. Children and adults enjoyed. It's a keeper!"