Pecan Oven-Fried Fryer
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine baking mix, pecans, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 1020 calories, 73g fat (26g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 1849mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 57g protein.
Apr 10, 2015
We both enjoyed this but thought to use less baking mix next time.
Apr 23, 2014
Delicious! I have been trying to switch to baked chicken instead of fried and this recipe was moist with a nice crust.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.