Pecan Orange French Toast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place bread in a 13x9-in. dish; pour egg mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning slices once.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; top with bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 418 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 11, 2012
I used homemade cinnamon raisen bread
Nov 18, 2011
May 23, 2010
I even did it the morning of- did not leave overnight, and with just regular sliced bread. It was very tasty! I only used half that amount of nutmeg, and then added some cinnamon.
Mar 11, 2010
This is so delicious. My sister made it for me for my birthday breakfast one year and added sliced bananas after it was all done.
Mar 11, 2010
Pecan french toast is one my family simply loves and one we'll be making any time we can. It's a keeper and one I'm putting in my recipe box.