Pecan Oatmeal Loaf
Gertrude Stoegbauer of Menasha, Wisconsin adds chopped pecans to this oatmeal bread, giving it a wonderful nutty flavor. It's good toasted too.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Oatmeal Loaf in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.