- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in pecans and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forPecan Lemon Loaf
"I can't eat nuts of any kind for health reasons, but I love anything lemon. Would this work well by just leaving out the nuts ?"
"Very tasty and I used almonds instead of Pecans. It was the only nuts I had on hand but will try pecans next time.I also used 1/2 the sugar and the taste was still there."
"This was a great recipe. I shared it with my parents and they loved it, too. I baked it according to the directions and it was just right. Will definitely make again. Can't go wrong with pecans and lemon!"
"niest-you've probably learned how to toast nuts by now. For anyone else, I spread on a jellyroll pan and bake at 300 F. for 7-10 min. But watch closely so they don't scorch. Check out this website, if you like http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/how-to-toast-nuts-tutorial/"
"blueberriess would be a nice addition!"
"how do you toast the pecans - i know if an oven but for how long"
"I loved the lemon flavor and it was easy to make. My husband took it to work and everyone loved it."
"This bread is GREAT if you like lemon. It is moist, and the nuts give a bit of a bite, and the glaze just tops it all off! I would definitely recommend this recipe!"