Pecan Kisses Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 meringue: 46 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pecan Kisses
"My husband loved this!! It is light and very good tasting. WOnderful easy recipe."
"The dough would not set up into stiff peaks after mixing it on high as the recipe says for at least 20 minutes. Finally added some corn starch but it was still not set. They did not turn out at all like the picture."