Being a teenager, my great-grandson Derek has developed his own tastes and doesn't always care for the same things I do. But this recipe is a tasty vegetable dish we both enjoy.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the pecans in butter for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain beans; add to skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Green Beans in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p10