My mother gave me this creamy fudge recipe— it's the best! I enjoy making several batches every Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 pounds
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 caramels, quartered
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234°, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and caramels until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 82 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1