Pecan Fruit Salad
This is a very colorful dish for the holidays and a change from jello salads. Peanuts also works well in this salad instead of pecans.—Stephen Allen, Leland, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets, banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 228 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 2, 2012
I made this with fresh fruit & veg, and with a balsamic vinegar dressing. So OK, I didn't quite follow the recipe, but it was delicious ! And healthy. What more can you ask for? Looks? It looked very pretty too!