Pecan Fruit Salad
This is a very colorful dish for the holidays and a change from jello salads. Peanuts also works well in this salad instead of pecans.—Stephen Allen, Leland, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets, banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 228 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Eve Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Dec 2, 2012
I made this with fresh fruit & veg, and with a balsamic vinegar dressing. So OK, I didn't quite follow the recipe, but it was delicious ! And healthy. What more can you ask for? Looks? It looked very pretty too!