I love to cook and was well-taught by my mother, who always made cute confections for Christmas. These candies are a holiday tradition in my home. It seems I can never make enough, so it's a good thing they're simple to assemble.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 7-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- About 180 pecan halves, toasted (about 3/4 pound)
- In a bowl, stir the butter, corn syrup and salt with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar; stir until completely blended. Gradually add remaining sugar, stirring until completely blended.
- Dust work surface with additional sugar. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Place each ball between two pecan halves; gently press together. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set. Keep refrigerated until serving (candies will be soft).
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pecan Fondant in Country Woman Christmas 2002