Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 72 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 19, 2012
I tried this recipe two times! It failed BOTH times! The weather was perfect and everything else was also. Paula Deen sure makes this look easy. I will not try this again!! I wasted too much time and too much sugar! I will just buy it from the candy store. Good luck!
Oct 30, 2009
Excellent way to make Divinity. I have tried numerous recipes for Divinity and they never work. This one works!
Dec 1, 2008
I'm anxious to try this-back home in OK. I made the world's best divinity, but out here inWA. it never hardens, just droopy.