- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPecan Divinity
"I tried this recipe two times! It failed BOTH times! The weather was perfect and everything else was also. Paula Deen sure makes this look easy. I will not try this again!! I wasted too much time and too much sugar! I will just buy it from the candy store. Good luck!"
"Excellent way to make Divinity. I have tried numerous recipes for Divinity and they never work. This one works!"
"I'm anxious to try this-back home in OK. I made the world's best divinity, but out here inWA. it never hardens, just droopy."