Pecan Delights Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds whole pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved. Gradually add milk; mix well. Continue cooking until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla until blended. Fold in the pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Loosen from paper.
- 3. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle over each cluster. Cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 255 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Delights
"These candies remind me of turtles candy. So chocolatey good!"
"so good!!! i think it adds some flavor if you toast the nuts."
"first time making my own caramel. I was very pleased, with the way the pieces turned out. I did use 2 candy thermometers to make sure the temp was correct, They came out prettier and taste better then the expensive store bough."
"I am a TOH field editor and have made them for at least 15 years at Christmas! They are really good and such a treat! I would definitely recommend toasting the pecans!"
"I started making these when I found them in the Taste Of Home magazine. Can't remember what year but I do remember my daughter was a toddler, now she is 15. These have always been a big hit and my friends enjoy getting them as a gift."
"Excellent and easy recipe but it makes closer to 90 turtles than the 48."
"This recipe is a Christmas favourite and my family makes it every year. We love the flavours and how it all blends together so well. This is a recipe we will keep for a long, long time."
"My family LOVES this recipe and its now part of my Holiday cookie recipes I make every year!"
"I have been making the awhile and they are everybody's favorite. Thanks so much for sharing!"
"These are the best! I make them every Christmas!"
"I have to make these for my family every year, and they are delicious"