Pecan-Date Cheese Ball
Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 119 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pecan-Date Cheese Ball in Taste of Home October/November 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.