Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
Recommended: Top 10 Cheese Balls
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball).
Originally published as Pecan-Date Cheese Ball in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p64
Reviews forPecan-Date Cheese Ball
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2008
"This is Wonderfully Delicious...and It Was Well Enjoyed - Thank You for Sharing This Recipe!Chef' Tami L. Conklin Hanks"