Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad with Fig Vinaigrette
This entree salad is suitable for family dinners as well as, entertaining. Herb-coated chicken tenders are served on a bed of greens with cheese and blueberries. Then it's drizzled with a delectable fig vinaigrette. The combination of ingredients make it feel extra special and it's better than any restaurant salad.—Kelly Boe, Whiteland, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- FIG VINAIGRETTE:
- 6 tablespoons fig preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried blueberries
- Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the bread crumbs, rosemary, salt, sage, basil and cayenne; process until combined. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken strips with pecan mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- For vinaigrette, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt preserves. Transfer to a small bowl; add vinegar and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; sprinkle with cheese and blueberries. Top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.