Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad with Fig Vinaigrette
This entree salad is suitable for family dinners as well as, entertaining. Herb-coated chicken tenders are served on a bed of greens with cheese and blueberries. Then it's drizzled with a delectable fig vinaigrette. The combination of ingredients make it feel extra special and it's better than any restaurant salad.—Kelly Boe, Whiteland, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- FIG VINAIGRETTE:
- 6 tablespoons fig preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried blueberries
- Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the bread crumbs, rosemary, salt, sage, basil and cayenne; process until combined. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken strips with pecan mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- For vinaigrette, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt preserves. Transfer to a small bowl; add vinegar and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Divide salad greens among six plates; sprinkle with cheese and blueberries. Top with chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 452 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN SALAD WITH FIG VINAIGRETTE in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011