This recipe came from a church cookbook. I altered a few ingredients, and everyone who tries these crescents likes the nice, nutty flavor and texture.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until firm. Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks.
1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC