Toasted coconut, nuts and caramel sauce top a cream cheese layer in this special pie from Mildred Troupe of Wartrace, Tennessee. "A friend who loves to give out recipes shared this with me...I'm so glad she did!" Mildred reports.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked and cooled
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl, combine pecans, coconut and butter. Pour onto an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with coconut mixture. Drizzle with caramel topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Cream Cheese Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57
Reviews forPecan Cream Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review