Yogurt and cranberry sauce make this colorful coffee cake extra moist and extra special! Serve it with coffee while opening gifts in the morning, with hot chocolate for a merry afternoon snack or even as a Christmas dessert.
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt mixture.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups batter; pour remaining batter into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cranberry sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over cranberry sauce. Top with reserved batter and remaining cranberry sauce and topping. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Cranberry Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p21