Pecan Corn Muffins
These dressed-up cornmeal muffins are chock-full of chopped pecans. Served warm with jalapeno pepper jelly, they make a zippy accompaniment to a bowl of chili or a brunch buffet. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with pepper jelly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Corn Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2005